Welcome to my Blog!!

Hi, I’m Alyson, a wedding & portrait photographer based in Huntsville, AL. I love Jesus, my family, photography and life!!! So much of our memory is tied to photographs. Just one picture of a special time or moment can bring back a rush of memories and emotion. This blog will keep you posted on all my new weddings and events. My personal page shows a little more about my life and what I’ve been up to!! Please send comments if you have any questions or just want to say Hi! Enjoy!!









Costumes for a Cause

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I had really hoped to have these cuties up before Halloween but things are a bit crazy right now!! I am feeling so blessed to have a business that I really love but man am I busy! I put the girls in preschool 2 full days to have time and all I did was take on more work!!! BUT I love all my clients and I know things will slow down soon :)

Our Sunday School class has been doing small things to collect needs for the Jesse Brooks Foundation for the last year. As we were trying to think of ways to support them I had the idea for Costumes for a Cause. So one Sunday a few weeks ago we had these portrait sessions at a local park in Hartselle with all the profits going to the Foundation. We were so excited to raise enough money to support 2 of the orphans for a year!! It got us excited but also wanting to support more kids! So hopefully this will become an annual event with possibly an additional event in the spring as well!! Maybe we can support 4 kids next time!! Or maybe 10!!!

The other great blessing of the portrait sessions was that the founders of the foundation were able to come speak to our Sunday School class that morning and spent the day with us at the park. It was amazing hearing the stories of God's hands and feet working in this town of West Africa. Of needs being met, children being cared for and adopted and just the amazing things God is doing through the Jesse Brooks Foundation.


My Sunday School class just finished a study on the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. We were challenged like never before. If you read it, you most likely will want to throw it down around chapter 4 and 5, but we pushed through and have been blessed. I pray that every day God will get more of me!!

Here are the two kids we were able to sponsor for this year!!




And here are all the cuties that helped us to reach this goal!! Thanks for participating and supporting a great cause!! Of course mine are the lady bug and bumble bee (I had to have someone for test shots:) and the little flower is their sweet cousin Kylee!!)






















































































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the chicken!!! So cute!